Friday, January 26, 2007

Train up a child

Zoe had her four month checkup and shots today so we spent our morning at the doctor's office. I think we have been there at least once a week for the past month with the allergy thing. I usually watch the other kids and without fail there is always one who controls the parent. Most of these parents let the child do what they want so hopefully the child won't throw a fit. Also I read some of the comments posted online about the couple who was thrown off the plane because their 3 year old had a temper tantrum about sitting in her seat. Most of the comments pointed out that the child was controlling the parents and the parents should be embarrassed to admit on TV that they could not control their child. Some comments also suggested the parents should work on discipline instead of blaming AirTran or the child's behavior would be worse later. It seems to me that the younger the training is started, the more behaved the child is when he/she is older. Also I read an article about spanking and it mentioned a lot of parents spank out of anger. I think discipline/training should be consistent on the part of the parent at all times, not just when the situation gets uncontrollable. This takes a disciplined parents, but I think the child learns by observing his parents also. These are a few observations I have, but I would welcome suggestions from the experienced parents. Child training in theory is a lot easier than putting it into practice.

1 comment:

S said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.