Friday, March 23, 2007

Six Months Old

Today is Zoe's sixth month birthday. Naturally we decided to "celebrate" by taking her to the doctor for her 6th month checkup and shots. Actually she did pretty well. She wasn't quite as enthused about the doctor poking and prodding, but she didn't cry too much after her shots. I think it helped that her daddy was there. She now weighs 14 lbs. 9 oz. and is 25 1/8" long. I think we will be starting her on table food soon. However we may continue to nurse a little longer since she has the dairy/soy allergies. She is definitely eyeing our food though when we eat. She is rolling over, sitting up, and starting to creep just a little. She does very well at sitting in her Pack & Play or on the floor playing with her toys. The biggest thing is that she has trouble going to sleep on her own and only naps about 30 minutes in her crib. I'm probably too soft and have trouble letting her cry it out. Actually I did discuss this with the doctor today and she thinks Zoe's sleep problems may still be reflux-related and she also suggested getting an egg-crate mattress to make her crib softer. We are going to continue giving her Mylicon gas drops since they seem to settle her down and help her sleep before we start medication for the reflux again (which created its own round of problems). She will go to sleep on her own sometimes, but often she kicks and fusses and won't settle down until I give her gas drops. I wasn't sure if she just didn't want to settle down or if something was really wrong, so it was helpful to talk to the pediatrician. I didn't realize Zoe's reflux was that severe, but the doctor said today we are fortunate she continued to gain weight and thrive. We have a lot to be thankful for. She also recommended getting a baby food cookbook since I plan to make my own baby food. If any of you have suggestions on a good one, I'd love to hear it. I love cookbooks anyway so it gives me an excuse to get one. :-) I'd also welcome any tips. It will be a little more challenging since Zoe can't have any dairy or soy items. The doctor suggested waiting until she is 12 - 15 months before we introduce dairy. I will have to get really creative for the cake and frosting on her first birthday! Well that's all for this post. I will put up more pictures of FL in the near future.

Waving Hi to everyone!


This chair is so interesting!

2 comments:

T.J. and Shannon said...

Zoe is sooo cute!! I can't believe she's six months already. Happy 1/2 year birthday, Zoe! :)

Anonymous said...

Zoe is 6 months already ...... where does time fly to ???? I am trying to remember if I have ever seen her other than pics and I don't think I have. How sad :-( Maybe on Sat I'll get to see ya'll. Have a great day !!!