Thursday, April 26, 2007

Blessings

Lately I've been challenged to be thankful and count my blessings even when I'm feeling blue, sleep-deprived, and/or overwhelmed. Here are just some of the ways we are so blessed and how God has so graciously provided for us.
  • A nice home/shelter and plenty to eat
  • Access to good medical care
  • Jobs and good health to be able to work
  • A job where I can stay at home with Zoe
  • Reliable transportation
  • Protection in our daily activities (like at 2:30 this morning when I woke up and realized Zoe was next to me in bed, but I couldn't remember putting her there.)
  • Zoe's first cold is not too bad and we have a helpful doctor's office
  • Salvation and eternal life in Heaven
  • We are not persecuted for having the Word of God and we can worship freely

These are just a few of the ways that we are so blessed and there are so many more I could add. We were challenged recently in a sermon to thank God first and then bring our requests to Him. This has helped me to put my requests in perspective and what I'm really asking for. Its also helped me focus on God's continuing work in my life and made me so thankful for what He has done.

1 comment:

Karis said...

I just did the same thing today in counting my blessings one by one and remembering what God has done. It really helped my perspective too.