Friday, February 23, 2007

Five Months


i'm five months old today. i weigh about 15 lbs. now and i think i'm a big girl. i started rolling over last week, but i still don't like being on my tummy unless i can see what is happening. i've figured out how to put my binky in although its usually upside down. i love to try to sit up. i have learned to recognize people now. i am very interested in mommy & daddy's food. daddy squeezed some bean juice in my mouth the other day and mommy let me taste applesauce. my favorite is still the fruit bars daddy shares with me. my tummy seems to be doing better and i play a lot more although i don't sleep nearly as much as mommy would like. but i might miss out if i sleep longer than 30 minutes. well, i am hungry now so i am going to eat. i will fill you in on my progress next month.

2 comments:

Karis said...

You're learning so many things, Zoe. You're really growing up.

Emily, I remember when Kayla went through the phase where she wouldn't sleep longer than 45 minutes when other babies were sleeping for 2 hours. I would have to tell myself not to compare, but I wanted her to sleep longer! I would leave her in there to "play" or go back to sleep, but neither happened and since she was happy, I gave in to her cat naps. I don't know if it will happen for Zoe, but eventually ( I don't remember when), Kayla started extending her naps to 1 hour and 15 minutes consistently (when the other babies were sleeping for 2 1/2 hours but who's comparing? Not me! :-) I was just thankful that she was happy.

Karis

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for giving me your website. I loved looking through it, reading about Zoe's progress, and seeing all the pictures. :-) Your previous post about reaching your child's heart was really good. It reminds me of a book I read several years ago - "Shepherding a Child's Heart" by Todd Tripp. It's really good, and I should read it again.
Have a great day! -Anita